Thursday, July 07, 2005

a london prayer...

heard about the news when i checked online...

sent out emails like crazy... thank goodness nii, marie, tuggstar & benny are ok... waiting to hear back from sammy & leo, eska, agnes, elayne, ebele, afro gee & shortman...

i know what its like to look in the sky and smell humans -- lingering dust clouds and spirits tangle in the wind.

makes you really wonder -- if this is their response -- what in the world are they reacting to?

...my prayers are with the wounded, the deceased and those that love them... my prayers are also with those souls walking amongst the ashes -- striving to live like none of this scares the shyt out of them.

3 comments:

Amanda Johnston said...

Have you heard from Nii? Please post when you hear back from London folk.

Mahogany L. Browne said...

nii is ok. as well as marie and his brother mez. afro gee is kool. sammy, leo, elayne, hasani & sam r kool. agnes is cool... got the calls and emails yesterday... thanks for reminding me that you were listening!

Amanda Johnston said...

I'm always listening. Glad to read that the mentioned poets are ok. My heart goes out to those who cannot say as much for their loved ones. I hope people where listening right before the blast when Bush said at the G8 Summit, "I'm here to look out for Americans not do good deeds." This equals a)fuck everyone outside of the U.S. b)i'm too busy fucking with people inside the U.S. to care about your shit. That's just enough to make my heart all warm and fuzzy with hate.