Wednesday, September 21, 2005

depression sets in...

im not really depressed. just tired.

still finishing bios and amari's homework, and my 3rd draft for our writer's group.

i will be renting workspace as of oct. looking forward to that. need the regulated work schedule and space so i can get my life together. 3 books of poetry, 1 novel, 1 - how-to and another set of family memoirs is heavy in bed-stuy, yo.

read why dont'cha!?

new ish:

kung fu high school - ryan gattis
asphalt - carl hancock rux
down these mean streets - piri thomas
nappy edges (poetry) - nztoke shange
life of letters - zora neale hurston

in a minute

unhappy in bklyn
for now

9 comments:

my coffee is always said...

SisterMentorFriend...
I am becoming worried about you and your current state. Sounds like you need a vacation, an ear, or a hug.... I have them all...
Call me if you need to.
love ya,
13

Mahogany L. Browne said...

thanks lady. could be the mode im in. i leave for london in a couple of days. not really looking forward to it. not like i used to... we will talk soon.

Anonymous said...

Pick yourself up, my sista! Just think of the Katrina victims and those who are bracing themselves for another hurricane! We are sooooo blessed beyond belief (I know you already know this!)! Let's just pause for a moment and send prayer for all those who would love to be in our shoes, beds, homes, cars, state-of-mind right now!! Much love from Kansas City!! You'll make it, sister (~_~)!

Mahogany L. Browne said...

--pause--

thanks for the reality check kansas city and the love

Mahogany L. Browne said...

i will take them. i love your bad ass kids. except they arent that bad to me -- ive seen worse! u coming to the bday party?

Anonymous said...

Anytime sister!!
Sherry (from K.C.). Guess I'm no longer anonymous huh? (~_~) Take care!

Anonymous said...

sista i need you to cheer up...i hate to see my people down. if you need an ear or shoulder...i got you!

Anonymous said...

oooops, that last post was from me

Mahogany L. Browne said...

thanks copa!

why i lose my mind mike? mo love da kids! whatcha'll doing this weekend? imma come check out ya wife, get my laugh on with some real life - ish! lmao