Thursday, October 06, 2005

leeds and back down, part 6

we are in leeds
i have the most excruciating tooth ache
ever

i think i slept about 3 hours total.
jive rescued me everytime i awoke
screeching in pain

im now immune to anebesol,
aleve, and iburprofen
nothing works

this sucks big time.

so anyway, im in leeds to perform
i was to meet the van that would transport us
from london to leeds.

i received directions to the meeting place
last nite
just to find out it was a mile from the mass transit

if you know me - you know i am still sporting this
damn ankle injury like a bad starter's jacket
so i hit back the organizer

asked for directions, nicely
and received minimal help
"take the bus"

no - get to the spot on this bus
in this direction
just take the bus - so now im seething

but by morning i get my bearings together
and head to brixton
just to be told the opposite directions

and by the time i make it to an internet cafe/call shop
the van has left
so im PISSED, obviously

head back to the tube, another bus,
another pound here and there. my tooth still
kicking in my eardrum like a freekn punk rock singer
minus the rhythm -

and i finally make it to wembley.
i spend almost 10 pounds on transferring,
phone calls, etc

so im really, really pissed
because this is exactly what i told the organizer
would happen

i get lost
KNOWN FACT
fine

but now im strolling on bad limbs - which means
im in PAIN while im lost -
not a good look for the kid

so thats why im here - pissing mad
in a media lab @ leeds
waiting for this freekn show to start

so i can go home and stick my head in a freezer

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sista! This is Kansas City at cha! I feel your pain with the toothache--well, I have felt it before. If you can find those little, generic orange ibuprofen, that will knock it out. I know you're not in the states and it will probably be hard to find them, but I've found them at (of all places) a gas station!! Hope you feel better!

Raquita said...

Try Ordus KT and you will buy stock in it - I'm tellin you it works like charm....