Monday, March 28, 2005

taste test (WIP)

He said my lips tasted like a new day
Thick
Pulls of change
Exchanged like
Phone numbers
Handshakes
And glances
Meaningful
Quick
He played me wicked
I crossed ankles prepared to make a wish
Change his mind
Remind him that there were more flavors
Curving the curves of my curvage
Crucible
Letters couldn’t spell out my truth

He said I tasted like taboo
Sweet
Sour
Honest
And painful
Pulled me deep
Climbed inside my self
kicked off his shoes
Licked the rounds of my round
Walls shook like Los Angeles earthquakes
he
tall defined
and mine
lips
smirked at edges
dimples swam dark brown
waters
as he tasted me
for the first time on the top of the second hour
he had a knack for making me feel like a snack
had me ready to lace up my boots for change
and social stance
challenging the injustices of man and woman
he seduced my lips
with his own
planted ideas of want
and needs
with exclamation points
and I couldn’t feel my toes
held breath
as he licked
and tugged
and loved my strawberry filing
mouthful

he murmured my punany tasted like revolution
like child soldiers
and fair wages
like gentrification
and family unity
like yes
and no
and yes
and yes
and now when he kissed me
sticky with pleasure
I could taste it too

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang Mo,

That piece was electrifying...
I've heard of you before thru the Starving Poets and this being my first read of you was definately a treat. I will look forward to more.

Mahogany L. Browne said...

thanks byrd... glad you enjoyed it. starving poets -- sound real familiar, you know im getting old - refresh my memory! :)

Anonymous said...

ohhhh Mo...this msg was left a minute ago....anywho....I was wondering...were you at Akoben Word Up V in Norfolk a few weeks back? For some reason I thought I saw you but I was minding the store and didnt get the chance to intorduce myself and hell Im not even sure it was you...only thing is I think I took your picture along with some others for Sheba 'nem....lol So holla back .