Friday, March 10, 2006

YO

FA REAL

im running on adrenaline ya'll. forgive the new design, the comment board doesn't really work like i'm used to -- but give me an "E" for effort, eh?

the women's show is driving me mad. in a good way. i have never been able to host such wonderful women all on one stage and that excites me. excites me to the point that i've made deals with artists/students with little to no money just to get them in the building so they can witness the miracle! bassey ikpi of def poetry (4x mutha, what?) and def broadway, queen sheba (as seen on Showtime @ The Apollo), Christa Bell (Grand Slam Champ of Seattle) & Dasha Kelly (slammistress of Milwaukee & Author).

seriously, these women make me want to be a better person, mother, artist, performer and friend. this was my update post for what's been happening -- but that can happen later. this is the now.

cya SATURDAY?

Chashama Theatre
217 east 42nd Street (between 2/3rd Ave)
Doors open @ 945pm!

$10 if you say you read this (usually 15 @ the door)!

www.jamonitpoetry.com

No comments: