Wednesday, May 18, 2005

feel'n good

listening to my new find -- been looking for this damn song forever, it seems

nina simone's "feelin' good" -- i am so in love with this tune, i swear...

amari helped me find this one - which is cool, unfortunately we watched a young man get caught stealing some headphones from the virgin record store - so we had to keep it moving. didn't want him to black out in attempts to get away and we sittin' there - STUCK

have several classes today. one at sheepshead bay, a performance at NYU with mikey and Urban Word crew, a work out with my personal trainer, and i am completing this idea that Patricia Smith has commissioned of me. it's a doozy ya'll. and i am so overwhelmed with ideas and emotions that i can only hope my page doesn't over flow too quickly.

i want to savor these moments.

i am still working on that london collab with my favorite lady poet of england territory. she is having a tough time and i just want her to know i love her. she is such an inspiration. we met through email initially. she read my site and heard the pain in my voice in regards to the lack of poetic influence amongst my peers... even then, she offered her sistership, regardless of color, age and location. i love her for that. lady: know that these days are only meant to test us - call it an endurance test. you are meant for greatness. built for the history books, you are a great inspiration.

so monday. we have our women in hip hip forum. featuring editors of hip hop magazines, writers, radio personalities and video vixens.

MONDAY, MAY 23rd @ 6PM SHARP
WOMEN IN HIP HOP: A community forum
@ Teacher's & Writers
5 Union Square West (7th Floor)
for more info call: Mike Cirelli c/o URBAN WORD
212 691 6951

i have to get out this bed. find some solace in the shower and write a poem about loving him.

2 comments:

joey said...

luh me some nina...
"birds flyin high you know how I feel...sun in the sky you know how i feel...breeze driftin' on by you know how i feel...its a new dawn, its a new day, its a new life for me...yeah, its a new dawn its a new day its a new life for me ooooooooh...AND I'M FEELING GOOD..."
you singin' yet?

life is damn good sometimes, yes?

Mahogany L. Browne said...

life is incredibly good! hows my baby aubrey!?