Sunday, February 06, 2005

sonuva!

broke my ankles in 3 places. and i dislocated it.
had a gig in london - tried to talk the surgeons into letting me
get on the plane with a full-leg cast
they put me on bed rest for 3 months.

got released sometime after the surgery and before they
ignored me and cries -- damn IV was hurting and they ignored it
till i found my voice (oh yea, i lost it cause of the oxygen tube stuffed down my
throat during the surgery)
and then they tried to tellme they weren't neglecting me!
i hate bklyn hospitals.

finally on my way home. but not before the security guard follows me outside and asks me
"did they say you can keep that gown?"
im too doped up to lie. or be mad. i just slouch into the too small front seat of
the saturn. and wait till we get to the stoopid apartment
where i fell in the first damn place.
crawled 4 flights up to my apartment.
on codeine and other stuff. can't think straight.
my toes r swollen...

painfully,

mo

1 comment:

Amanda Johnston said...

Damn, damn, damn, damn! Get well soon. I know how it feels to have one bad thing happen (the breaking of the ankle) but then to have all the other crap happen at the same time (jerks in the hospital, etc.) the universe can be jacked up when it wants to. Here’s hoping you feel better soon or at least have a bedside bucket of the GOOD drugs.

Amanda

P.S. No flying with broken anything. Blood clots are not to be messed with!