Saturday, February 19, 2005

untitled 3112 (serious WorkInProgress)

There is a funny bone breaking through our grin
It hurts with urgent intuition
Women know
I presume men do as well, but choose to ignore
The obvious

We check out the stars behind 3-D lenses
colors reverberate like his voice
whispering untruths as hands swim beneath panty lines
I don’t really desire him
But can’t see the stars without an air of want surrounding me
So I give him my whole

Wait for big dippers and comets to shower
This train wreck
It never comes
Neither do I


Life holds punch lines like hostages
Spreads fingers over necks
Controls the pulse with threats
And tightens its grip to show who’s boss

We’ve begun to ignore the ugliness too easily
Too often
Shoulder shrugs and smirks replace
Action and persistence
It stinks
Twisting fear like dreads
Til’ knots cease our questioning
Our nods remain

We are the beginning of non existence
Content with paychecks and SSI that we’ll never see
There has to be more
Big and fiery
Shining beyond the constellations

No comments: