1. What did you do in 2005 that you'd never done before?
um..started a business.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
yes. atleast two of them
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
sorta. but one is due in feb 06.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
yes. jimmani was killed in front of his wife and four kids.
5. What countries did you visit?
Only the UK this year. I know, I'm slipping
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
security. comfortablity. no pain.
7. What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
2/2 - i broke my ankle. 6/06- amari's school play 9/10 - the start up of Jam On It
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
putting together my own publishing group.
9. What was your biggest failure?
i think getting over the small stuff. i'm bad at that. i think it all has meaning to some bigger picture.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
yes. broken ankle
11. What was the best thing you bought?
UG boots for the hurt ankle. and toe spacers. i know. not fun at all... oh yea, some books. sylvia plath, asha bandele, bell hooks and sapphire. classics.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
amari and j. dealing with me is hard core.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
me. jumping to conclusions and acting in haste will forever be my downfall.
14. Where did most of your money go?
clothes and bills. mainly bills.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
my publishing company. penmanship publishing!
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
ordinary people and come on and go with me -- john legend. anything by dangerdoom, sean price and G-Unit. what a combo...
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier
ii. thinner or fatter? fatter
iii. richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
dance while i could. and really taken in the scene when i was traveling.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
with grandmother and sister neices and nephews.
21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
22. Did you fall in love in 2005?
every time he made me laugh or wiped away my tears.
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
america's next top model
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
yea. in a "i hope you get help" sorta way.
26. What was the best book you read?
house on mango street. bliss was pretty good. and i re-read pearl cleage. now the worst was that damn "addicted" book by ZANE.
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
28. What did you want and get?
i pod. 29.
What did you want and not get?
a smoothie machine
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Crash! Rize. Mad Hot Ballroom. Roll Bounce
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
none of your DAMN business and i went out to dinner with J and Amari and crutches.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
finishing for my bachelor's
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2004?
jeans. UG's, foam slippers. cute top. comfortable.
34. What kept you sane?
writing short stories, poems and business plans.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
jennifer anniston. she is the reflection of every woman that was cheated on and the whole world knew about it.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
Hurricane Katrina/Tookie Williams Execution
37. Who did you miss?
38. Who was the best new person you met?
bassey. she is strength personified
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005:
don't hold grudges. it only takes away from your shine. besides - they usually hate you because they ain't you...
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
cherish the day - sade
we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy - seal