Friday, July 22, 2005

here i am!

At the Say Word Poetry & Theatre Festival in Denver, Colorado

Jive and Fish Vargas (both bloggers) are on their way to meet me. i cam a day early so that i could do a workshop with my favorite Catherine Thornhill. the theme was changing the perception that people have of you into the perception that you have of yourself. very emotional. and guess what -- i did my fist painting! lol

j knows, i bought paints and a canvas almost 2 years ago -- but i was so afraid that i would mess it up that i refused to paint anything. and now, i think i am ready! so i will create my first painting and post it. but remember -- i am a writer for a reason, dammit! :)

so we went to a spot called brussards last nite -- which was wierd. lol seriously, i think being up since 6am that morning and trying to work off of coffee alone was a bad idea. but we had to promote for the festival, so sometimes you just gotta shake it off - nahmeen?

i was lucky though - i got to see my sis Basheba Earth (emcee, fashion designer, mother -- www.urbanearth.net ) and as usually she knows exactly what i'm going thru. she is my couture designer for when i tour -- so when i jump on stage i am always rocking something original! :) we sat and just absorbed each other while the babies ate vegatarian dinner and her man Drew, supportive as hell, maintained the peace. she is the most calming woman ever -- i can't wait to get her back up to NYC (where she cultivated her artistry) for an exclusive gig.

anyway. that's enough gushing. im headed to an interview at denver's radio station. i promise ya'll this is so healthy! this feelin' of light and love and positive energy. after my argument with amari's father (which i try to steer clear of) -- i need it. and i though about writing about it right here. but the negativity is so wack -- i'm thinking what for? ya know?

loving you with smiles and stanzas
(cali-bklyn girl somewhere in aurora, colorado)

2 comments:

poetesscrystal said...

I want to see the paintingh, girl. My mom is an artist ww.janicetreecesenter.com so you would think I'd have SOME artistic talent- but no, I cant even draw a stick figure...

I bet your work is great, and I want to be one of the the first people to own a Mo Browne original, so post up! Post up!

Mahogany L. Browne said...

i will definitely give it a go! just promise not to laugh!