Wednesday, July 20, 2005

seattle rocks!

last nite at the mirabua room over 80 people came to the slam.
and i, mahogany l. browne, tried to rock a hole in that stage - ya heard?!
it was ssoooooooo fun!
they were full of energy (and liquor) which made my set electric! lol
afterwards i got nothing but love and book sales to prove it. i received the most
beautiful compliments that i had to pinch myself to assure it was i
that wasn't dreaming! even the offer to suck my toes (awkward) made me gasp
before i offered my cd to take home with them instead... lol

poetry has these phenomenal nights that just make you realize there is NOTHING
more profound or important than making someone's skin goosebump in anticipation for the truth. it's nights like last night that keep poets scrounging for the next fix -- the next hit.
it's addictive! and the poetry from the slammers were breathtaking! christa killed it and the young man that came in second (rylie (sp)) was damn near perfection! matthew ripped and roberto came with the most intense perspective of love -beginner's love - through a young man's eyes.

afterwards, the slam team took me to eat the best appetizers ever! we shared plates of beef ribs, hot wings, salmon quesidillas, chicken strips and fries. i even got to ride on back of the butch scooter (will show you a pix of that experience soon! LOL). overall -- seattle rocks.

next stop denver

loving this penned life
mahogany (from an incredible view of the pier on Bell & 1st in Belltown @ Christa Bell's house)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous. Lemme go get my pen, I'm suffering withdrawl symptoms from not slaming.

Mahogany L. Browne said...

oh no! where you located? i will definitely tell you if i know of a rehab in ya area! :)

my coffee is always said...

SISTERMENTORFRIEND....
Miss you like air conditioners in the mid summer Texas heat!!! Which means I'm sweatin' ya and dying to chill wit' ya.... Cannot wait to see ya... Enjoy Denver. And yea, post the pix soon. I'd love to see it.
13andtheysayitain'tlucky....

CousinSarah said...

Mo-I found out last night you are comin our way next week. I am glad you had a great time in Seattle but I am even MORE happy that we will be blessed to hear you again! Travel Safe!

Mahogany L. Browne said...

see you in less than a week 13 - how's that for progress?

see ya soon cousinsarah - though i admit this will be my first time (so make sure you say IM COUSIN SARAH!) lol

and ms red. you can check me out on broadway August 6th! www.jamonintpoetry.com -- otherwise, i always list my dates on the blog... see ya soon!