Saturday, June 02, 2007

dreaming...

with summer in my rearview, catching up with me quicker than i expected - i suspect, these are the reasons why i can't catch my breath.

took on a couple of more assignments just to assure my summer with nothing

but slam team and 4 hour writing sessions (that's right, i said it 4 consecutive hours), i would like to have an egg stashed for cute shoes, coffee and matinee movie tickets. i wanted to do something nice for the 4th of july, but if all goes well - i will be busy. so i pray that i'll be busy.

i am still working on me, however. miss that i can't answer my myspace or blogspot, hell, i barely answer my email these days. but i feel good. i feel like i can fix the world and all my beautiful friends in it.

but i know that is merely a dream. however, that book: HIS RIB, is not a dream. it'll be out with all my favorite women writers (and some new ones) gracing the pages. and it is not a dream to present a show with some of my favorite performance artists (LEMON. TAALAM. JAHA -- WHAT?!) and it is not a dream that my daughter will leave for her trip to Cali and my cats, newly spayed, will stop trying to mark the entire house of their territory, and my neighbors will stop asking me for 50 cents, 2 dollars or a ride to the far corner of bushwick. well, that last part was a hardcore hail mary, but whatever.

i havent written much, as i can't breath. but i reckon these keys will sing to me again. i can smell the days. June 15th. yea. last day of school. birth of a new book (his rib is out June 8th, but i'll leave it to after our slam field trip to push the hell outta it.)... its on and popping. can you smell it? or is that bbq.

No comments: