Thursday, January 19, 2006

cause Live Mik said so

My Life..... My Poem......

My Name: mahogany l. browne

Childhood Ambitions: To be a writer.

First Job: Burger King, WHAT?

Last Purchase: kenji jasper's new memoir: the house on childress street, family guy dvd collection, paper towels and lord of war

Indulgence: starbucks white chocolate mocha w/whipped (low skim milk)

Fondest Memory: hitting the ball to the fence in softball, i think i was in 8th grade... that or performing my first poem (by james weldon johnson) in the 6th grade. oh yea - we won!

Soundtrack: Bill Withers: Use Me or Meshell Ndgecello's Bitter

Wildest Dream: writing my book of whatever at my summer chataeu in Paris

Proudest Moment: amari's birth & when i found out my grandmother was really proud of me

Biggest Challenge: learning the art of solace. raising a woman in this vida loca

Alarm Clock: amari's voice & nickelodeon

Perfect Day: shopping with no foot pain, poetry conversations, laughter & kisses

Favorite Movie: color purple, usual suspects, dirty dancing

Inspiration: life

My Poem: The Mothers by Gwendolyn Brooks

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I see I'm not the only one readin adverts. I dig it.

Mahogany L. Browne said...

this was totally KIM's fault... and since you brought it up - tag, you're it!

Unknown said...

and that would show me...

bet.

my coffee is always said...

finally... i thought you were blowing me off. now wasn't it a cute exercise? hahahahah
thir13teen

Mahogany L. Browne said...

u r too silly - but HOW MUCH DO I LOVE THE BABY PIC! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH