Friday, January 21, 2005

tainted love/most beautiful boogeyman

listening to slum village. i love that damn song -- that beat -- that concept.

here in bklyn where the freeze is crazy painful! went to the bank this morning to exchange currency -- almost broke my ankles when i stepped out the ride! no wonder amari snuggles beneath the covers and says "i hate school! it's too cold outside!"
i can dig it lil mama!
but i have an assignment for my peoples dave & reebok... do i hear angels' wings? dave is definitely my guardian angel. been down since i touched down 5 years ago -- even though he left me stranded at the jfk airport for 3 hours (flat tire my ass) till i jumped on the good foot and found my girl from oakland residing in bedstuy for the summer -- talk about luck.

ahhh yea -- the most beautiful boogeymannnnn! sing it mos def with yo non singing self! love that song too...
had class with my girls at the DA's office. crazy times we're living in people. grab a young person whenever you can and take them to get a slice or listen to their poetry or rap or whatever. give them your ear, they need it!

feelin' inspired -- which is rarely the case these days... so i gotta go write and take advatntage of the free ride! im still waiting on my people to sign the questions section below. i gave scatterbrane the first copy (no two copies, homie! i dont care if you entered ya info twice, lol!). got 2 more books to give away. and i dont want people emailing me (like last time) while i love your emails. this blog is supposed to incite conversations within the community... we can talk all day long (trust me i got the gums for that) but i would love to invite the cats who view my blog everyday (i love yall for that) a chance to respond to whatever moves them!

write like you know betta

mahogany

No comments: