Wednesday, April 06, 2005

over-easy

workshops are underestimated. i am looking to sign up for any damn thing now! love my class. love the feedback. love my results. here's one of the assignments...

live from brooklyn

m


over easy
________________

hidden
by red lights
fears folded between basement shadows
as hands danced across abdomen
praying for inches more
fingers wander clumsily
fabric lay between flesh and want
burning with curiosity

fifteen and dumber by the minute
i skipped school like stones
to experience my 2nd tongue kiss
sloppy
wet and
not quite right
i moaned convincingly despite intrusive tongue
acted like i knew how to make a man
feel like a man
even when
he was just a boy

gripped panties
twisted around fists
found fingers deep inside
inexperience and gumption poured out minutes later
he told the world how sweet my pink parts smelled on index fingers
said he would soon have my cherries

and like secrets uncovered
she scolded me
hot grease with cold words slipping over my skin through phone lines
"you smelled my scent on your son?" i thought
she growled
"we don't want to be young grandmothers"
her preemptive strike too late for my sister's sake
mama nodded hung up receiver and stared
eyes dull and glazed
questioning silently
i couldn't scream "i sacrificed his fingers for your attention"
so i relied on nothing.
… really
we just fooled around.

this reason enough to seek refuge in the smoke
i watched her slide behind bedroom doors
press wood to wood firmly
quick to return to pipe dreams
quick to leave me
never looking back

No comments: