Monday, May 29, 2006

4 days off and?

ive needed time to sort through things.
dont know what the conclusion is, as i seem to be
still working thru it

dont know where that will lead me
or leave me

what i do know is this.
i dont like sometimey shyt.
never have -- never will.

i am who i am
always have been

even now. i worry about you
but i cant walk you thru this
i can ask you to be honest with yourself

that is something only you will find
within. and then it will make sense

this whole world
this crazy place
these painful times

will envitably work themselves out
with or without your consent

[ed note: on friendship and the importance of sisterhood]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is something only you will find within. and then it will make sense

You're amazing. I caught you at the Nuyorican more than a year ago, on an empty Sunday night in April when "The L-Word" was in it's prime and we were both anxious to get out in time to watch it. What struck me about you was how your leg was broken and your daughter was with you and you were singing "Single Mother" and strength was just emanating off you from all angles. I loved it. And I'm happy you've got CDs and books for sale, cause I never seemed to get the chance to catch you live again.


PS: You should add "The Handmaid's Tale" by Margaret Atwood to that list of books you have yet to read.