Thursday, May 19, 2005

beautiful days...

can you see me smiling? i know you can! im so happy right now -- kinda wierd. i usually am waiting for the other shoe to drop (probably still am, but its subconsciously!). had an excruiating day yesterday... i will recount it telegram style:

wake up at 8am stop rush to sheepshead bay stop pass the coffee and head to class stop ambushed by incredible teenagers stop they write poems about running trains in stairwells stop class erupts into laughter stop its my truth stop he says stop leave the class with armor tinged stop still inspired stop rush to manhattan stop perform at the domestic violence workshop at NYU stop mikey buys me coffee stop feeds my meter stop unloads about his women issues stop he deserves better stop hurry to pick up amari stop we head to east new york to cop the swedish documentary stop cant wait to see it stop we smile all the way over williamsburg bridge stop drop amari off with T&W stop work my ankle out at the gyn stop stop catch up with akua and taylor for a grudge slam at brookdale college stop we win stop its crazy fun stop we head back to brooklyn around midnight stop amari has fallen asleep stop akua and i discuss live stop love stop and loss of self stop i climb the 5 flights to my home stop tuck amari into bed stop climb inside covers and cuddle stop stop stop


anywayz... im at the pregnant school in queens. so far so good. i actually have an 1hr and a half break in between my classes. i could go home - but there are nothing but beautiful stores lining the sidewalk waiting for me to come visit. think i will work out a couple of more poems. see where my pen takes me...

live from queens -- headed back to brooklyn

m

No comments: