Wednesday, May 04, 2005

my my my...

lil johnny gill for the grown and sexy... :)

i'm so enamored ya'll. life is good. and my grandmother must be working out them angel wings, with GODs blessing of course. i have finished the touches on destroy... and even been blessed with a foreward by the great Patricia Smith. she amazes me on so many levels. the fact she allows her group to bond with her after class over glasses of fruit medley (me), vodka tonic (erika), wine (her), scotch (ed) and martini's (hallie) anything with liquor in the title (roger) astounds me over and over and over again...

stop jocking, you say? yea, whateva! go get inspired and watch how your eyes roll. it's infectious. this happiness. you want some? come see me slam on monday in the Bar 13 Louderarts finals... it's gonna be fun. but i definitely think i will be going with the team i made first, Central NJ. that's wit big mike, kasim, jivepoetic, myself and shadowkat. but i will make myself have fun. samantha ra and i will probably sit back gigglin' like school girls and things will be as it should. special.

my thoughts on who will make the team this year? carlos gomez, roger, tai, rac & mike cirelli... favorites: jivepoetic (of coursee). we'll see. cause if anybody knows the spirit of the slam -- you know that shyt is never a GIVEN!

live from bedstuy (BK for you cats dat don't know)!

m

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok...why'd this post give me a major case of the gulps and goosebumps? (gulp)
guess i'm just lovin' the love...always so up! thanks mo' (gulp)

jo

Mahogany L. Browne said...

jo... you are an incredible poet, mother and woman. don't let the hate bring you down -- that's what they thrive off of! while it hurts, cause you are human, know that you deserve better than that. besides -- you have two warriors to raise. :)