Tuesday, March 28, 2006

things that go wrong in bklyn

ok -- so im working some things out. my day yesterday was horrible. i mean really. surprise trip to emergency room @ 7am for amari's stomach. electricity off then on. run in with the landlord. let me just tell you -- i had a hell of a time before even teaching a 2 hour session. afterschool meeting. then i went to 13 to check out suheir hammad's feature and jive's advancement to the semi's -- before it got hectic. and frantic. and i had to retire with vietnamese fried rice and a 17-minute made smoothie from jamba juice. it was horrific!

next morning promised to be better. and class was cool. a bit rigid - the teacher that serves as liasion to my residency, but so far so good. the kids make it all worth it. until its time to leave. and i get in an argument with an old russian dude. i didnt want to curse him out. but i came out to move my car and he wanted to argue. so i told him. get the hell away from me old man. and he walked up again and it took everything in me to not pop the trunk on his ass. he was beligerent asked me if i was blind - though he was the one with a gashed eye and he kept waving his arms frantically. "did you hear what i said, dammit! get away from the fukn car!"

i felt bad later. but by the time i got to my next destination. i was so over it. after a siesta - im ok. i have a bio to finish. and some printing of my poems for the recording this weekend. i miss talking to people. adults -- that arent pretentious. and wanting of my freekn soul...

bklyn bang'hra listening

m

2 comments:

joey said...

sorry it was a tough day...
hey ma... check your email for a test site with your new layout running and let me know what u think ;-)

my coffee is always said...

mo... miss you much.... you have got to call me.. we must catch up.... kami and hip hop are dead... we got a mary now.....
thir13teen