Wednesday, March 16, 2005

he says...

we are going to be stars
this is how it begins
don't worry
they're not worth it
i nod
know his words will be the end of things
watch his attention turn off
easy
like light switches
wish i could find mine

we laugh at their expense
i almost forget it's a game
no one knows the truth
just the players
only us
squeezed between time and tight spaces
we work diligently
lose sleep
lose friends
lose days
forget how to love ourselves
practice on weekends and days off

he brings me sunlight when i least expect it
my smile is enough gratitude
i offer him the world and my heart
he ties bows around my finger
as a reminder to remember this feeling
i know his eyes
watched them undress me
we couldn't wait
let danger tongue kiss us during intermission

nothing compares to the sound of a man
whispering your name
ask me how i know
i'll ask you why you care?
and we will continue
to sleep with the door locked
...as it should be

4 comments:

poetesscrystal said...

very very nice

this may just be one of your bests chica

so so sorry to hear about your leg and all...we missed your smiling face at Gumbo, and in general

just wanted you to know you are in my thoughts today...

Mahogany L. Browne said...

hola mama!

i miss ya poetry! i miss new england! how is it out there...? this leg crap has put a damper on my pimpn! but you know i trys to stay sharp like jijutsu! lol imma check outcha page! good to see you aint forgot a systa!

poetesscrystal said...

How could I forget you? I hosted Gumbo this week and I stumbled my way through a wonderful show...Culture, Peaches, and Heshima held it down (as usual)

I just started my page today, but you have inspired me to blog again...I read your page all the time

Let me know when you are back on 2 feet again and when you're in town...

Mahogany L. Browne said...

that's whassup. glad gumbo was a go. haven't heard from moss in a minute. his voicemail is the worst.
im glad you started your page. i need some blogs to read! lol im so online all the time -- its ridic.

ill be back in 4 weeks! im counting down 4 real!