Sunday, March 27, 2005

twas a cool affair: a choreo-poem of my night out...

try something different... what the hell

cornelia was cool
packed house
narrow stairs
taunting my crutches
dammit

afterwards
solomons porch
new black owned business in brooklyn
with really good chicken parmigiana
atmosphere
and wine tasting
no thanks on the wine

i enjoy chillin with fisiwe
chris slaughter
noshawn the streets
true
infinite
drew
j and amari

made it home to eat honey bbq chips and politic
about the next movement...
laugh ourselves to sleep
awaken at 3am courtetsy of a paralyzing pain
in my ankle and heel

decide to write
check email
and listen to cats
chase each other through dark hallways

browse cable channels
rub oil on my leg, ankle and heels
watch some of these movies we ordered on netflix
anacondas for me
fat albert cartoons for him

i want some cereal
and a chance to think
without stanza's breathing
down
my
neck

2 comments:

poetesscrystal said...

Nicely done...

as always...You must be so so happy to be back on your feet (sorta) huh? I am so proud that you've been able to get through this without an ounce of bitterness..and still be so CREATIVE!

Check my blog for my first attempt at the 0-30 poem...its not finished and a head cold has me beat down right about now...check it out though.

Mahogany L. Browne said...

it is refreshing. to see the faces hear voices that are outside of my head... but i cant front, i was real bitter. mad at the world and everyone in it! but after a month and half - i started feeling like it wasnt so bad...that this setback was just a mandatory break that i havent had in a long time...