Sunday, March 13, 2005

yea!

in a great mood. just got an email from one of those beautiful souls i talked about in the previous email. Sammy and her brother, DUVET (lol) looked out for me when in london. i even cooked them an all american SOUL FOOD dinner. dat's right we had collard greens, catfish (good slicing and dicing ms elayne) cornbread and shrimp (the appetizer, im a beast!)... and we did some shopping, a lot of starbucks, they always made sure i was cool -- had a place to lay my head -- hell! they even gave up there beds for me (i couldn't outargue these TWO!) and more important we had incredible conversations! about everything from the state of Black People and the Hip Hop movement to Poetry groupies and how NOT to fall in love with a POET! very fitting indeed. LOL they truly made my stay in london possible -- because it was getting out of hand ya'll. trust me. but moreso, they made my stay in london enjoyable. i will forever be grateful for that.

but here is the great news! she's here in NYC! YEA!! im ready to paint the town. this systa deserves to see the scene! damn this cast, slowing me down! but it's cool -- imma hobble if i have too...word up

No comments: